AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roundup Pricing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 6/18/2012 09:14 (#2435836 - in reply to #2435345)
Subject: Re: Roundup Pricing

Amherst WI
jocoshar23 - 6/17/2012 21:18

lawfarms - 6/17/2012 21:30

It's amazing how local coop's screw the farmer that is loyal to them. I'd be in the red if i bought all my purchases in town locally without shopping around.

This is kinda funny how some people don't see value in the places they do business. My retailer isn't the cheapest place to do business. But have a great agronomist who scouts my fields regularly. The other week he found an area of replant that was about 2 acres that I didn't catch, (thin stand and dampened off from pythium,) If I have a crop failure on 2 Acres, @ 180 bushel x even $4.50/bushel that is = $1620. You can buy a lot of roundup for that money that he "made" me. I know there are cheaper places to do business, and do check around to keep them in line.

I do pay more, but when I do pay more I also expect something in return.

I am willing to bet if these guys got that kind of service from their locals they wouldn't be shopping around. When I was pricing my chemicals this last spring there was a $40 swing (thats not a typo) in Surestart from the high to the low supplier. For me you don't have to be cheapest but you need to be competitive, and if you are wandering around in my fields and scouting that is worth something too, but so far I seem to be the only one doing that 98% of the time, and I guess I am okay with that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)