AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Now that we have had some gloom and doom, how about some silver price conspiracy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/16/2012 13:11 (#2432986 - in reply to #2432816)
Subject: I'm not predicting $500 silver......but........

Pittsburg, Kansas

Some places have free shipping so to compare prices always figure cost per ounce after all costs are figured in.

My experience is that generic silver rounds have about the same markup per ounce as ten ounce bars and are a lot more divisible if you would want to sell small amounts at a time for some reason. The only advantage for bars (unless you are talking about very large bars which do have lower premiums) that I see are they would take up a little less storage space if that is an issue. What if the price of silver goes to 10:1 gold and gold goes to $5000? Might want to meter out those sales in smaller amounts than ten ounces at a time.

You say it can't happen? Who among us ten years ago would have laughed out loud if someone told us that the US government would be running Trillion dollar deficits ANNUALLY and that the Euro looked close to implosion? Or that we would have sold $8 corn????   I'm not predicting $500 silver, but dismiss it and say it could never happen would be to completely dismiss what has happened over the last ten years.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/16/2012 13:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)