AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lady from USDA was just here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 6/15/2012 13:53 (#2431650 - in reply to #2431444)
Subject: RE: Lady from USDA was just here

Not USDA, but I had a lady stop here a while back from the US Census. Asked if I live on XXXXX ______ Place. I said no, I live on XXXXX ****** Place. Before this, some colored lady from the south had called asking the same question and I gave the same response.

Turns out after over 10 yrs my address doesn't exist. My telephone coop lady also called asking the same thing. She got hold of the county equalization office who called me and agreed I don't exist. So now they are giving me a new address under a different post office.

GRRRR .... I told them I hate changing addresses. I've lived here almost 50 yrs and have had at least a half dozen addresses with 2 post offices. Now we are adding a third, but at least I should show up on the 911 system map.

This privacy stuff doesn't help at all. County dispatch is not allowed to mention names when sending out the ambulance, only the silly 911 addresses. Everyone on the ambulance crew knows where I live, but if dispatch is not allowed to tell the crew who they are going to get. No one has a clue what my 911 address is and there has never been a street sign.

The good part is I don't have to use the new address they are giving me, I can continue with my current PO box.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)