AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

5120 maxium
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/13/2012 09:33 (#2427926 - in reply to #2427909)
Subject: RE: 5120 maxium

central - east central Minnesota -

rHiNoBaLlS - 6/13/2012 08:23 We pull a 1200 gallon Demco with a 7230 Mag MFWD pushing around that 200 hp mark. It takes everything it has to get through the hills. "Here", I wouldn't want anything less, especially for control/safety. It takes a lot to slow that much weight down when moving along at 7-8 mph. Your definition of a hill may be different than mine. Here, a "hill" is generally anything over 25%. I farm some over 50% in spots and I need to shift down to 4-5 mph to get enough power. Traction also becomes a problem. The magnum would be lost without the MFWD on. It is dualed up with 14.9's. However, if it's a small area, who's to say you have to fill the sprayer up completely full? When I spray some of the smaller hilly fields I usually run out with a half tank. Mainly for sidehill draft. You can still get a few acres done with 600 gallons if the 5120 won't handle the larger load through the hills. It stinks filling up twice as much but what does it take to rent a tractor, swap monitors, return the tractor, etc?

Sparying out smaller loads sound a bunch SAFER with a small frame / weight of the 5120 then handling a full load in hills . . ... .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)