AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA report corn yield left unchanged at 166
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 6/12/2012 10:51 (#2426443 - in reply to #2426418)
Subject: Pofarmer

Mascoutah, Illinois
I might agree with you but I will also throw this at you for thought. Do you think the United States has a strategic grain reserve? If the Chinese have one, wouldn't you believe the United States had one way before then? Do you think it is possible this explosive buying over the past years was actually us filling the orders for ourselves? I know we as a whole think our government does many things we do not understand. Do you think we would have taken a risk in using corn for fuel unless we knew we could absorb numerous "short crops" in succession? When the ethanol mandate was passed, it was for a reason and with conviction we would not run out of supply. If you trust any government number ever being released, I have to say folks are wearing blinders. We are at the mercy of the information passed along to us whether it is right or wrong. We have to make decisions based upon these numbers and try to act accordingly. If you think Big Brother doesn't have control of just about everything in your life, you are underestimating the country you live in.

Everyone can think I am highly insane after this post, but do we really know or just hope we know what is going on with "ag" production numbers?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)