AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What video recorder do you like/have???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Nor-C-Ore-Drylander
Posted 6/7/2012 03:59 (#2418058 - in reply to #2410379)
Subject: Re: What video recorder do you like/have???

North Central Oregon
Here is Where you should start. It is a list of all the cameras that are compatible with iMovie and any issues that may pop up with certain functions. Lok for a camera that is on this list. It will save you frustration in the end.
http://help.apple.com/imovie/cameras/en/index.html?lang=en_US
I am guessing since you said that you have a Mac you will probably be using iMovie.
I have had both Canon and Panasonic HD Camcorders, both shot excellent video. I am partial to the Panasonic 3CCD camera because of it's performance in Low light and for the accuracy of it's color reproduction. Both of my cameras are SDHC (memory card) based cameras. I like SD based cameras because the cards are CHEAP and getting Cheaper all the time. I have picked up Class 10 16GB and 32GB cards on sale for under $25. Have seen 64GB for under $75. If you fill up a card pop it out and stick in another. You can't do that with the Hard Drive only based systems. Plus you can pop a card out, have it downloading and still use you camera with another card. Hard Drive based cameras have to be tied to the computer to download. Hard Drives also fail. Flash Based recorders have no moving parts other than in the lens so there is little mechanically to fail.
Have fun with whatever camera you purchase.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)