AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

valor injury on soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bherms
Posted 6/3/2012 15:01 (#2412300 - in reply to #2410348)
Subject: RE: valor injury on soybeans

I read that a full rate (3 oz valor is full rate, but I now think that might translate to 4.3 ounces valor XLT?) ...

at full rate there CAN be some damage if there is no rain on the valor before emergence, then some MIGHT splash.
at 2.5 oz that damage was considerably less in the test I saw.  Not sure of the yield effect.

I was waiting for rain, but it never came, so applied after planting, before emergence.  After planting is nice since the disturbed soil gets an even coat, but then the splash effect can be more pronounced (than if applied a couple weeks earlier with an initial burndown, since rain would likely get it in the ground pre-emerge). 

They say you still get the full effect of the valor, but it doesn't start till rain pushes it into the soil.
I had 2/10ths then 1/10th finally last week, so guess that pushed it in a little.

Have seen no damage on the beans, but I put about 3 oz valor XLT, which is only maybe 2 oz valor? ... not sure on that part, but it's in there.  :)  At least that is my understanding.

Edited by bherms 6/3/2012 15:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)