AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Titan Tires! How to get in touch with The Grizz
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kermit
Posted 5/29/2012 10:06 (#2403873 - in reply to #2399120)
Subject: RE: Titan Tires! How to get in touch with The Grizz

Wisconsin
magnum8930 - 5/26/2012 11:12

Running titan duals 380x54's on the back of a 225 magnum. It has always had a dual that leaks down but is liveable but now The sidewall on one main is starting to give out about 2 inches above the rim and it goes about 3/4's of the way around the tire. Local tire guy said titan will offer a replacement cost to us of 750 for that tire plus installation. I think that is kind of BS for a tire with 800hrs and 9 months of use and the tractor is still on warranty. Tractor has never had heavy drawbar loads on it, runs duals all spring and fall and singles in the summer, air pressures have always been run right. Was actually going to give them props on how the tread on these have been wearing being this tractor gets alot of road time. The fronts are 380x38 dual titans, and have been really good so far.

Was wondering if anyone had TheGrizz's contanct info or if it is even worth it to try to talk to anyone else from titan. Hopefully somebody knows something better to do.

For what its worth we put new goodyear dyna-torque triples on a 9370 a few years back and they started to crack on the face of 7 of the 12 tires after 700 hrs of use. Goodyear put on 12 brand new tires and picked up the labor. Neighbor has 800/38's firestones 23 degree on a three year old 435 with 1400hrs. One tire had a bubble on the sidewall. Firestone picked up the entire tab, which was about 5 grand all said and done.

Have you looked at the warranty pamphlet that you should have received when you purchased your tires, mine says no charge for the customer during the first year. It may take a little talking to get that through someones skull but show them your warranty and you shouldn't be prorated. I am sure you could download one off of titan's website or even ask for one at the dealership that is giving you a problem. If you don't have any luck with that route I would contact one of the office guys to get your situation taken care of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)