AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Short term Hog Outlook???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Posted 5/23/2012 19:09 (#2395073)
Subject: Short term Hog Outlook???

What are you hog guys hearing for the short term profitability for pigs (next 1-3 years)?? I have an oppurtunity to buy some of the pigs that are currently in my building. They are showing a little loss for this turn but they claim they can lock in a decent profit for next turn.

I have been hearing several opinions on the matter, not sure if any of them have any merit or not. 1) the world population is growing and we are going to need to feed them. 2) the middle class is growing around the world and are moving away from a rice based diet to a meat based one 3) China is in the process of building infrastructure to expand their pork production and become more efficient 4) The dollar is volatile due to the whole greece deal 5) Hogs have fallen quite abit into what has traditionally been a high demand period of the year, and they are going to crash come this fall/winter.

Any opinions appreciated. The money that I would be investing, I would be able to walk away from if it does go south, but I would rather not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)