AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Came home from a bull buying trip with an empty trailer...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NEIndiana
Posted 5/23/2012 07:24 (#2394281)
Subject: Came home from a bull buying trip with an empty trailer...

Columbia City, Indiana
INfarmDave got me hooked up with a gentleman from Richmond, IN named Doug Gerber, Gerber Land and Cattle. Problem is, I waited too long and other people bought the bulls I should've bought. But I really enjoyed meeting Doug, he's a very nice and knowledgeable Christian man. He took the time to show my wife and I all of his cattle, and also got on the Internet to show me how to make comparisons between different bulls using EPD's, which I found out I had barely scratched the surface of. The bull he had picked for me would've been EXACTLY what I need, but he's sold. So I told Doug I can use my current bull this year and I'll be first in line to get a bull next year! Busy spring hit and the bull buying thing got put on the backburner, and now I regret it. Problem was I didn't really want possession of the bull until I was about ready to use him, but I learned the hard way you can't have your cake and eat it too! Doug even called several other people to try and find us a bull but didn't have any luck... which I must say didn't disappoint me too bad since I want one of Doug's! As he was going through the data on the bull I should've bought, I kept saying I wished this was 2 months ago! Anyway, it was fun to take a road trip with the wife, we enjoyed our day and got to meet a great guy in Doug. Thanks, Dave!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)