AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible Shin Splints and Can't Sleep
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/23/2012 02:51 (#2394206)
Subject: Possible Shin Splints and Can't Sleep

I have lots of joint problems (remember hip replacement last Dec and that is great now) but dealing with some knee stuff and have been going to a physical therapist is working with get extension in my left knee. Got it from a 12 degree bend down to 0 which is good. But not sure when the therapist dug her fingers into the back of my knee to break the scar tissue, since then I have had so much pain. It radiates from behind the knee to the kneecap and now down the front of my leg to my bad ankle. That is another story, that ankle I wear a brace on because of a tendon problem causing a flat foot. I was just thinking it was a problem caused by the knee but the pain while sitting down especially while eating a meal at the table and going to bed just makes it all hurt so much I have to get up. I try pillows to prop my leg up and support it, but nothing works. I ice it several times a day. All of a sudden I thought of shin splints because why else would the front of my leg hurt. I am doing 5 miles a day of a walk away the pounds dvd five days a week and I love it. I get through it pretty good except for the knee bends during it. I am so sick of not being able to stay in bed all night. This getting up around midnight or 1 and watching tv and being on the computer is getting old. I had decreased my pain pills for arthritis before this latest flare up, but now I am back to 6 prescribed pain pills and 6 arthritis strength Tylenol and I throw in an asprin in the morning and a couple at night. I try to avoid Ibuprofen as I have trouble with losing weight when I take them....I know, I know, pain or vain. So just wondering if anyone deals with shin splints and if they hurt you when you lay in bed. Guess I am not understanding that part of it.

Edited by dairymanswife 5/23/2012 03:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)