AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Balancing church and farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 5/16/2012 22:54 (#2385629)
Subject: Balancing church and farming

SE IA
Thread below about family/farming got me thinking about the folks that chose to work on sundays. I don't work on sundays because of my religious beliefs and frankly do not care if someone else chooses to do so. there are times that the extra day to be out working would be helpful, but i guess it is the price I pay for my beliefs. i often wonder how the guys that run 7 days a week can keep that pace for extended periods of time. After 1 day off, I seem to be more motivated/and paced to get more done in the week. I don't know how it would work if you never took a break especially if you had lots of hired help.

I have heard story about a small town community where a farmer decided he needed to harvest on a sunday. Monday morning the entire church (farmers) showed up to help him harvest, because if he had too much work to get it done in 6 days during the week, he must need extra help. Kind of a funny story.

Call it faith or whatever you want, but it seems even though I never work on sundays, we always seem to get the work done one way or another.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)