AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

time magazine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 5/13/2012 10:53 (#2381114 - in reply to #2381024)
Subject: Re: time magazine

S.E. South Dakota
milofarmer1 - 5/13/2012 09:54

This all seems so bizarre to us Americans. This is nothing unusual for other developing countries. Breast feeding nurse that helped my wife get started said where her family came from in Mexico it was not unusual to breast feed until 6-7 years old. Because if they didn't breast feed they would die from malnutrition It was easier for the mom to get lower quality foods and eat them, and feed the kids.

It is like the whole breast feeding in public debate that puzzles me. If you are somehow offended or turned on seeing a woman breast feed her child you might have a problem. And it wouldn't hurt to go to see other countries of the world where people realize the woman's body was created for bearing and nurturing children. We uptight Americans have sexualized it.

Having said all that, I do think it is totally unnecessary with our abundance of cheap nutritious food to breast feed past the first year. Looks like a huge inconvenience more than anything. Of course anybody that knows about biology knows that while the kid is breastfeeding it is pretty effective birth control.
No its not very good birth control.Just ask me how i know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)