AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suburban electrical problem.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 5/12/2012 23:38 (#2380694 - in reply to #2380570)
Subject: RE: Suburban electrical problem.

West Union, Illinois

Dad's 2001 Chevy pickup is part of why I have a Dodge and Ford.

Since Dad got sick and eventually passed away the truck isn't driven every day.  We have fought and fought his truck. I've not counted the days, but if it sets very long the battery goes dead. I've replaced batteries, looked, poked, prodded, said bad words and threatened it.  We finally spent $100 and put a Priority Start on it.  Didn't solve the problem, but now the truck will start whenever we need it.

http://www.prioritystart.com/

Dad bought it new and from day 1 had problems with the key switch.  It was difficult/impossible to turn at times.  One day he took it to the dealership, parked it in front of the shop door, and went in to talk to Keith the salesman (he was my brothers friend and nearly a member of the family).

Service manager came in "You need to move your truck"  Dad just threw him the keys and went back to talking to Keith.  Service Manager came back "I can't get the key to work"

Keith got a bit loud and said "He's been trying to tell you that."  They replaced the whole switch.  Didn't do a bit of good.

We never park it with the keys in it and window up, because from time to time it seems to lock itself.

Dad decided it needed tires. Neighbor guy worked at the tire shop, so Dad arranged for him to drive it to work the next day to get them put on.  That night we had an ice storm and his wife ended in the ditch.  So he took Dad's 4wd drive truck and pulled her out.  Either he didn't push the 2wd button or else it didn't release and drove it 25 miles to work.  Ended up totaling the transfer case.

Dad never questioned why I bought a Dodge

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)