AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Little excitement today-trucking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 5/4/2012 21:32 (#2369052 - in reply to #2368683)
Subject: Re: Little excitement today-trucking

NW Iowa
Since everyone else is telling their story.....

About 8 years ago I was talking to my mom on a corded phone during a thunderstorm (no, its not just an old wives' tale to not do that because...) and lightening struck somewhere very very close. Big flash outside, huge bang outside, and big blue flash between my face and the handset, and also between my elbow and the stove I was leaning against. Phone went flying across the room and I was kinda gathering myself, walking around the room and doing whatever you do after you basically get struck by lightening. The phone call never got cut off, she heard the whole thing from the other end.

For several hours my arm and shoulder kinda ached, finally went away overnight sometime.

This was in the fall. I'd hurt my back the previous spring throwing seed bags, and I never rested it enough for the pain to go away all summer. Pain such as it hurt to stand back up straight after tying my boots, etc...most of you know what I'm talking about. That moment was the end of any back pain for me for several years, and I haven't had it that bad since then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)