AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EMBTD tax rates and brackets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 4/29/2012 19:46 (#2360413 - in reply to #2360362)
Subject: Re: EMBTD tax rates and brackets

west central illinois
<p>Most also figure in the tax deduction in the rent payment. ie-$325/a for a guy in the 28% tax bracket is really $234 real dollars with the gov picking up $91 This was the comment I was referring when I made the post. While it sounds good, when I have rented ground the past few years I have been more interested in cost of production and my bottom line than figuring in tax deductions on cash rent on certain tax brackets while I some what understood the example you just gave that example puts it in a better light for me, as buying ground and figuring in the decuction on buying ground is a completely different animal. you know just as well as I do on the results of the weather here the past 4 years and the result of high cash rent on those acers have had on operations that were trying to farm with a calculator and paper. Things got extremely more complicated in the cash rent sector. I made that statement meaning if I was just worried about that deduction on cash rent acers I would probably be in a good enough position that I would be looking for an out of the business, not more acers. I also see where you are coming from on your example. Thanks for posting that coup.</p>

Edited by emtbd1979 4/29/2012 19:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)