AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many tractors are on your farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

wiscfarmer
Posted 4/29/2012 18:58 (#2360294)
Subject: How many tractors are on your farm?

SW Wisconsin
Just wondering how many tractors you guys have on your farm and what type of farm it is? Grain, beef, dairy, hog, combination of everything...etc. We are a grain farm and currently only have two tractors. We have one new holland T8 and a T9040. The T8 is the planter, fertilizer spreader, spraying, sidedressing tractor while the 9040 handles all the tillage work and the grain cart in the fall. While I know some farmers cant resist having lots of new shiney paint on their farm I am looking at this from a business standpoint and what would result in the most income. On a year like this we were able to work all of our ground up ahead of time before we even started planting. So very seldom do both of our tractors run at the same time. Almost makes me think we could get by with one bigger row crop tractor that could handle the tillage tools along with all the other tasks so I guess im just wondering how many tractors you guys have and if you feel you have enough tractors on hand or do you find yourself short on tractors? This will depend a lot on how many acres one farms but we arent farming a lot of acres so thats why I think one might be able to get by. Also no till guys have an advantage here on HP requirements and the number of tractors. Just looking to hear others opinions on this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)