AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CB In The Cab
Posted 9/26/2007 22:57 (#210361 - in reply to #207570)
Subject: Re: Trimble

Central To Everything and Close to Nothing
Trimble is a very good at navigation and average for everything else. As far as displays go, other than the ones in their lightbars, they are made by someone else. If you are looking at VRT or other map based functionality, I would look at John Deere, Ag Leader, and maybe TopCon as they are further down the road in that arena. Same old story, if you run a certain color iron, it's probably best to look at what they have to offer first. Trimble has aligned themselves with Ag Leader and now Dickey-John to try to fill in the holes but at the end of the day, they will be relying on them to increase their functionality. I'm not knocking Trimble I'm just pointing out for what they are.

Which ever make you go with, make sure you get it from a local dealer who knows their stuff and don't be afraid to pay a little extra for that service. The dealer who sells this stuff over the parts counter for the lowest price is not place you should part with your money at. In the case of Trimble in Western Canada, they have very few good independent dealers left and it is Russian Roulette with CNH dealers carrying their products. Hope that helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)