AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alley srapers ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmer21
Posted 4/24/2012 02:36 (#2351319 - in reply to #2351102)
Subject: Re: Alley srapers ?

you see a lot of alley scrapers being put in and i think you will see this trend continue ,but i feel their is a lot of junk on the market and maybe miss information to, but the bugs are slowly getting worked out.no expert but i disagree with dave i think chain scrapers can work in sand and be your best option in some siturations.i have brouwer chain scapers in sand and chain wear is not their big issue. i have chain scrapers in 6 alleys, 3 power units in 6 years never broke a chain, never replaced a chain, 4 allelys working in sand 2 years, scrapeing 7 to 8 times a day 250 ft long a fair amount of wear showing but not a big wear issue,i would guess i could get 2or3 more years out of them..on top of that i could double my chain life buy switching my chain from the front of scraper to behind scraper, all wear is in front half.i can think of a few factors that can cause more chain wear than sand ,poor quility chain,lenth of alley,surface or track the chain is running on,corner wheels not turning or out of line.maybe the courseness of the sand but in my opion and my thinking chain scrapers in sand can possible be the most economical way to go in some situations.

Edited by farmer21 4/25/2012 00:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)