AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Navy Week celebrations: Those of you close to the east coast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JK SCLA
Posted 4/22/2012 21:56 (#2349472)
Subject: Navy Week celebrations: Those of you close to the east coast

Went to the wonderful stinky trashy filter of the Mississippi River this weekend for the commemoration of the war of 1812. Several Navy ships, modern, buch of older sail ship which honestly I have no interest in. The Navy, along with the Marines with 4 different ships were on open display with all modern warfare equipment to pick up, climb on, hold, ask questions, you name it. The LCAC hovercraft is just plain amazing.

Not sure where the next stop is, but the group is headed east after New Orleans. There are several stops in the coming weeks, actually all over the country, don't know what the inland displays are like.

They were unsure of what crowds to expect, but estimated to have 3K per day. They averaged a bit over 10K per day. This was great for all ages, especially the 11 yr old boy.

If you do attend however, leave your conceal carry at home, in the hotel, or in a flowerbed and same for your trust Old Timer. Me and the boy had to find a stash for our cache of weapons.

AS a humorus note, this slicked back, mid 50's investment banker type was walking around with his 30 something trophy wife when he stops by a Humvee with some artillery atop. The soldier politely askes if he would like to have a seat of climb aboard the unit. The guy says nah, I've got an H2 Hummer, I am familiar. With no sense of sarcasm, the soldier replies to the guy, yes, I know, they're neat, , TOYS. He went from 6' tall to 6" tall in 3 seconds. Guess you had to be there.

Edited by JK SCLA 4/22/2012 22:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)