AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rebuilding a John Deere 750 no till drill and want your ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kirk T
Posted 4/11/2012 19:51 (#2331458 - in reply to #2328776)
Subject: Re: Rebuilding a John Deere 750 no till drill and want your ideas

All of your ideas have helped me a great deal. After much thought and consideration I’ve come up with a plan. Here it is. The drill I bought had the tongue and dolly wheel assembly moved to one side about a foot because it was the lead drill of a two drill hitch set up. I’ll have to move the tongue and dolly wheel assembly back to the center so it will nearly be off. At this point I will place heavy jack stands under the frame behind the front rock shaft. I will go ahead and set the tongue and dolly wheel assembly to the side with the forklift. At this point I can place the forklift under the front rock shaft to support it, unbolt the entire front rock shaft and bring it out from under the drill with the forklift. I plan on clamping the rock shaft across the forks of the forklift so that I can raise it up to any height I desire to stand up in front of it and rebuild it.
After handling the front rock shaft I will be able to make an educated decision as to how I want to go a bought tackling the rear assembly. It will be much easier to work on under the drill than the front gang anyway.
Cole Sibley ask me in a post to take pictures as I go, I am glad he ask because I probably wouldn’t have thought of that. I will try to take pictures of the progress and post them here.
One thing that really Chaps me is this past winter I built (erected myself) a 40’X75’ steel building I only put a 14’ wide overhead door in it. I can’t get my drill inside. GGRRRRRRRR!! Thanks for all your Ideas
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)