AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8400 Hydraulic issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MODan
Posted 4/8/2012 13:49 (#2326741)
Subject: JD 8400 Hydraulic issue

Southeast MO
I'm using my new to me 8400 on our 7300 vac planter this year. Yesterday I went to start it up and it was low on hydraulic oil. I filled it up to the full mark on the sight guage at the rear of the tractor. while I was letting it idle in the shop a the hydraulic light with an I symbol started flashing. I went ahead and continued doing what I needed to do and it would flash for a while and then stop. Then we took the tractor and planter to the field and started the vaccuum system. It ran for a while with the same symbols flashing and then it changed to a caution symbol with "Hydraulic Level" flashing. I was running the vac fan on continuous and it eventually kicked the hyrdraulics off. I left the tractor running and walked back to the sight guage and it looked to be way over full (to the top of the sight guage). I shut the tractor down and let it sit for a few mins. and the level stayed in the same spot. Haven't got the chance to see how much oil it is showing after letting it sit overnight yet, but does anyone have any ideas on this? Could I have overfilled it and the sensor is shutting it off? or could it be too low still? Has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)