AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at ZTR mowers, JD, Hustler, others????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 6/4/2006 14:10 (#16964 - in reply to #16946)
Subject: RE: Let's kick this up a notch

NE SD
Good point. We have a JD F687 Z-track 60" mower that we just love. It has the front mount deck. It takes some getting used to having that deck out front, an then the wheels and engine out behind you. It's like anything else though, once you run it enough you just become part of the machine and know what you're doing. The nice thing about this one is that you can flip the deck straight up and down very easily. Nice for changing blades and blowing out when done using it. I guess the other thing I like about it is that it has a much deeper deck than most lawnmowers and the blade speed is faster. In normal grass you can mow practically wide open and in taller grass with that deep deck and the 23hp motor it will walk all over most other similar sized mowers.........cept for maybe a chopper.

With the old 285 JD and 50" deck it used to take one person a WHOLE day to mow this place. Now with the zero turn it takes about 4 hours to do. I would say we mow 5-6 acres of grass with a lot of trees in it. We also picked up another 3-4 acre farm yard we keep mowed as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)