AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJM you need to get a hammer and use it before posting sometimes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 3/11/2012 20:25 (#2281826 - in reply to #2281670)
Subject: RE: DJM you need to get a hammer and use it before posting sometimes

west central illinois
We are both grain and a cattle producer and have been doing very well on our feed costs by feeding the ddg and silage, the price of cattle in this area is at an all time high and there aren't any hog producers left here other than Cargill and maschoff so I don't know how the higher price of corn is affecting the hog producers, the factory farms put all of us out of hogs in the 90's. This ethanol debate is interesting in the least but the example you used about farmers bidding each other out of business, that is a small percentage in this area and we have seen thru illff where that gets you. I will answer your question that you say no one has answered but I'll change it a little it isn't about me but it is about us, this is our time to make some money everyone else has had their time and now it's our turn, if all you Debbie downers are upset about it then I feel sorry for you. The sky is falling and all this doom and gloom a few posters put on here everyday is getting old at least when mizzou was here we could make up our own minds but now it's the same thing everyday and it gets old. I am an optimist and try to see the glass half full and I don't know how some find the strength to get out of bed in the morning with all their negativity. Enjoy this! Pay off some debt build a nest egg or whatever, big oil is going to make their billions with or without ethanol so we just as well get some of the pie also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)