AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radon testing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 3/8/2012 23:02 (#2276691)
Subject: Radon testing

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I live in NW Iowa (Cherokee Co.) & I have talked to a number of people in the area that have tested their homes for radon & a number of these people have come back with high radon numbers. The EPA claims that high radon can cause lung cancer over a long period of time. I just checked my house for the first time this past week & just got my results back today. Mine was 6.5 pCi/L which is higer then the recommend rate of 4.0 pCi.L or lower to be safe. I am going to retake it again as they recommend taking another one if one comes back higher then 4.

I picked my testing kit up at our local court house for a cost of $6.00 a test. This includes the mailing the test back to the lab. The person in the office I got the test strip had her house tested & hers came back 30+ . She ended up spending close to $2,000 to try and lower her level. I think it still came at around 15 after doing the improvements. So I feel pretty good about my 6.5 reading.

Anybody else on her have their house tested for radon? The county showed a map of Iowa & NW Iowa was in the hot zone for having high radon readings.

Edited by IOWAMARK 3/8/2012 23:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)