AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

misc farm pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 3/8/2012 21:12 (#2276342 - in reply to #2275784)
Subject: Re: misc farm pics

Lubbock, Texas
thanks for the answers...I am far from a dairy expert that is for sure, but I like your setup.....the places I have seen that use liquid flush for the manure I think can lead to a lot of hoof issues and dirty cows......being in an area where I imagine you have plenty of water it kind of surprised me I did not see a lane for a liquid flush system

I am sure there are plenty of very clean dairies with liquid flush systems (in fact I know there are because I have seen some), but I think I would prefer what you have going even if it meant more trips on a skidder...of course I like running skidders as well haha..I also think flinging dry manure sounds easier than liquid though I think liquid might be a little faster to become available for the plants and can be a bit more precise in the application.....it is all a trade off of course and certainly some things work better for some in different areas

thanks for the pics and answers for someone that is just curious and again really nice looking animals and I like the system I see you have
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)