AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kagen
Posted 3/8/2012 11:39 (#2275405 - in reply to #2275203)
Subject: Little bit humorous with all the posts lately about newer/new

Panhandle of Ne.
equipment. Shotgun, I feel your pain, that is exaclty the point I was making on the other posts that when it's time for us to go, its time to go. Don't have time for breakdowns as they are very costly in time lost and repairs. That's not to say our newer, not new, equipment won't break down, but the chances are less. I understand a young farmer trying to get by doing his own repairs BTDT, but when that happens, it not only stops the tractor, but if a helper is driving the tractor that breaks down and they don't have the experience to fix it, it stops the owner also, so, 2 tractors are stopped which, depending on how many tractors you have running, could cut your production to zero. I can't afford that to happen. Back in the day when we were trying to get by with older tractors/equipment, there were many days I would go home and say to my self, what a wasted day. Now we are very fortunate to run newer equipment and it is amazing how much ground we can cover since we aren't at the shop working on stuff. So, if it won't put you in a bind, I would suggest you update your equipment when you can, you either pay for parts/repairs/productivity lost, or you make payments and your equipment is ready to go when you are. JMO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)