AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody else or wife buy at Goodwill?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 3/8/2012 14:29 (#2275630 - in reply to #2273489)
Subject: Re: Anybody else or wife buy at Goodwill?

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Wife does lots of shopping at thrift stores for the kid's clothes. But we don't buy a lot. Not very good selection at our local ones. And for me it is hard to justify $2.50 for a used shirt when you can get brand new shirts sometimes on sale at Wally world for $5-7 and the jeans I buy are $19 new. Brand new Wrangler denim shirt is like $25 and will last for years. Also I need small for shirt size, and everything at thrift stores is L to XXXXXXXXL We have donated more than we have ever bought.

It is pretty silly buying new baby stuff in most cases. Tons of good used baby stuff out there in the world. We have an almost new pack-n-play my sister bought us on Craigslist for way less than half. We bought a used baby swing for $15 at consignment. Only thing wrong with it is the battery door is broken. No need to pay $150+ for a new one though.

We used to go to the moldy bread store about every week, but it is not in a good location, and hate to make a special trip and stop to buy one loaf of bread. Nothing wrong with the bread at all. In fact it is usually fresher than the convenience store bread some folks buy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)