AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FTI corn and nitrogen study
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pogopossum
Posted 9/6/2007 16:14 (#199425)
Subject: FTI corn and nitrogen study

http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/The_5_Ws_Of_Corn_Production_999...
"The study was conducted on two commercial corn fields in eastern Illinois in 2001 and 2003 involving two corn hybrids and five different N fertilizer application rates across the landscape. Nitrogen response of corn yield and quality were fitted at different within-field locations, and the potential impacts of different N management strategies were evaluated against a uniform rate of N application that is a common farmer's practice in the region."

I'm wondering if this is a good application for 'linear programming' ?

I've also been concerned that global warming zealots are trying to control nitrogen fertilizer.

Maybe precision nitrogen application will become the law with everyone jumping on the feel good stop global warming band wagon.

How do they measure nitrogen variability of the soil ? lab testing of soil samples is too slow and expensive for wide use but I guess the Universities don't worry about that.

I wonder what kind of data there is concerning ethanol potential for different hybrids and farm practices. Is the best hybrid for cattle also the best hybrid for ethanol ?

Now back to lurking.........

I enjoy reading the many informative posts.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)