AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Stella Awards" ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/6/2012 15:58 (#2271419 - in reply to #2271397)
Subject: Re: "Stella Awards" ???

southern MN
I thouht it was common knowledge that McD's coffee is hot, that was a major selling point from long before Stella. Just a common knowledge thing.

I also knew she was passenger in the vehicle. Old news for me.

Dad got coffee spilled on him by a mom & pop watress when we we across the border - Iowa - years ago. Left a red mark for a day or 2, had to explain the stains at the weeding we were headed to.... Life goes on.

Perhaps old people shouldn't handle coffee if it is too dangerous for them to manage, their skin is too thin any more, too feeble to accept the risk. We gotta have more laws and regulations! And I say that as a feeble, clumsy person....

HyVee gives me a thin paper cup for coffee, if I forget the optional corrigated sleeve that is there I can barely make it to a booth without burning my hand. Then I go for a refill as I walk out, and forget the sleeve a second time, look like a bafoon carrying it by the lid as I walk out....

All that makes no difference. Coffee is served hot, person should handle it accordingly. If the McDonalds server had thrown the coffee at the lady, she should get all the money. Since she did it herself, it's her own fault. Coffee is hot, that shouyld be a given, common fact. I think that lawsuit was a David vs Goliath things, 'shove it' to the big bad MeD's corporation, and had little to do with any facts or justice - of which, coffee is hot & needs to be handled somewhat carefully.

Not trying to wage a war with you, we just differ on our view of this. I know you aren't all up in arms about it either, just a friendly discussion. :) Enjoy reading your view of it, hope the same from your side.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)