AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chips for Case-IH Tractors and combines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

combinekid
Posted 2/27/2012 20:44 (#2255698 - in reply to #2255515)
Subject: Re: Chips for Case-IH Tractors and combines?

Ontario, Canada
I have sold and installed several tuning modules on many different models of Case IH tractors and combines as well as many different brands. As far as what kind is the best, for me it depends on the machine and application. I deal with several different manufactures and we have ceratin brands that we prefer on different applications. All I can recommend is you will usually see better fuel economy with a module or tune that alters injection timing, pulse width/duration etc. compared to one that simply adjusts fuel pressure. You also won't create as much heat if you are under heavy loads for extended periods of time and there will be no added stress on any components such as injectors and pumps. Some engines do respond very well to a 'slight' bump in fuel rail pressure but I would be cautious going beyond about a 20% increase. There are certain engines and applications that I simply will not sell a fuel pressure module for just because they are too sensitive to rail psi changes and either will not respond well at all or run the risk of damaging components such as fuel rail relief valves etc. Iveco engines in Case IH combines and Steiger tractors are one example. I would never install a fuel pressure module on one of these. Smaller 4.5 & 6.7 Iveco/Cummins engines in MXU, Maxxum and similar tractors will work very well with a fuel psi module designed with a 'safe' increase and I have sold a lot of these. Price depends on application. As long as you do some research and deal with a reputable company or dealer and treat your machine with respect and don't overload it with an unsafe power increase I don't think there are too many negatives. People ask a lot about warranty implications if the machine is new enough and all I can say is don't do something you are not comfortable with. A good safe ecm program or module should never cause any problems but if your dealer knows what you are installing and will void your warranty should you have any issues, that is something to take into consideration.

Edited by combinekid 2/27/2012 20:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)