AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adapting JD 9300 tractor to iGrade/Survey questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JK SCLA
Posted 2/23/2012 21:06 (#2247474)
Subject: Adapting JD 9300 tractor to iGrade/Survey questions?

State prison at Angola want to do some landleveling. Has a 9300 4x4, low hours to start with. State has strict buying and bidding procedures, so this has to be fairly simple. Using the existing tractor, what is the simplest system to go to surveying and leveling with this.

If they go to JD igrade, does the tractor have to be set up for guidance, or only a mobile processor, or does just the bucket need the receiver and mobile processor in tractor, do both need receivers? I am only familiar with my little Topcon laser equipment, no GPS for me yet.

An issue comes up with NRCS surveying, there is no availability in that parish for contour mapping. A private surveyor would have to go through a bid procedure and too much greif for too little return. Admittedly, time and experience playing with cut sheets and running surveys is not for the inexperienced, but they may have little choice.

All in all, if not the igrade, what system would be the most cost effective for surveying then setting up to run the tractor, in a GPS array??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)