AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Louisville trip, and now more precision/planting quesitons
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 2/20/2012 21:32 (#2241302 - in reply to #2240197)
Subject: Re: Good Louisville trip, and now more precision/planting quesitons

n.c.iowa

Twister - 2/20/2012 22:49 Have to remember that they are trying to sell a product so of course they are going to make the competitors look bad compared to their product. They have been promising a yield monitor for a couple years so I will believe it when I see it. In real world situations (non test plots), an Ag Leader system will be easily 1-2% off and sometimes less then 1%. A Deere system will also be much better then 16%. It is all in how you calibrate and operate the combine. You can make a yield monitor say whatever you want.
sure true enough,but,if they have thier trailer or a meeting close by it's worth going to,we have seen some of the same things that they are saying,if a person is making planting decisions based on what the yield moniter says,it's probably a mistake,especially company to company.i was talking to my local district seed guy who works for a large seed company,but also gets his hand dirty out in the field,says he seen enough of what precision guys are saying,when he does his plots,that he will absoulutely back them up.

Edited by johnny skeptical 2/21/2012 09:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)