AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Queen Chopper?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

thall1976
Posted 2/17/2012 17:50 (#2234851 - in reply to #2233155)
Subject: RE: Field Queen Chopper?

Field Queen Inc.

Ahhhh man dont cut that thing up! Makes me cry just to think of such a thing.....

What a nice looking machine. You dont see many Field Queens that are still that nice looking. The Side Dump model was a machine that was years ahead of its time and was originally requested by National Alfalfa Dehydrating in 1971. It went from an idea to an actual machine in 6 months. They were built at the Maize plant and at Hesston from 1972 to 1982 and the production run topped out at over 400 units.

I cant get over how nice looking that Field Queen of yours is. You said it came from Maize Corporation, so I am guessing it was a refurbished machine when you bought it. After Hesston closed the Field Queen factory in 1977, Maize Corporation was started by former Field Queen employees and those men knew these machines up and down.

I hope you can get it sold and please dont scrap it. One of the weak spots on them were the engines, most of the v-6 and v-8 diesels did not last all that long. However, for someone that has smaller acreages to cut, these can still be very productive and efficient machines that can operate on very low maintenance costs. Very rugged in design, and yet still easy to work on compared to todays choppers. All parts are still available through Maize Corp.

I am currently writing a book on the history of Field Queen Incorporated (Performance/Endurance... The Men and Machines of Field Queen Incorporated) and can tell you about anything you would like to know about the machines. I am at 119 pages right now, and would eventually like to publish it for others who are interested.

Alot of the things that are very common on todays largest John Deere, New Holland, and Claas machines were actually pioneered and developed by Field Queen.

Email me at [email protected] if you need anything

Tyler Hall

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)