AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who's GPS to use for a multi paint farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 2/8/2012 07:53 (#2213208)
Subject: Who's GPS to use for a multi paint farm?

Baldwin City, KS
Going forward this year, I would like to take a pretty significant step in guidance. Currently, we are pretty much light bar users, other than the insight in the gator, which does have auto boom, but auto steer never got unlocked.
I would like to find a company that I can stick with and build on as we get deeper into things. The main thing is that we run varying colors of used equipment and would be using the steering wheel option most likely.
I have three dealers that I like that would be very capable. One is JD, other is LDI with Agleader, and the third would be Sprayer Specialties with their Raven products. I would primarily be using the guidance on a Versatile 875 and a 7250 magnum, but anything is likely to show up since I don't stick to one brand or buy new equipment. We currently run a JD 9510 with no monitor, but I can't guarantee the color of the next machine I will get. I'm thinking yellow right now.
I do have somewhat of an attraction to JD AMS products since I think there may be a better availability of trade in products I can buy cheaper, such as 2600's and used recievers. Other than that, I am neutral. Surely some of you guys are in my shoes. What do you recommend? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)