AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Ford F-450
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Galaxie64
Posted 2/8/2012 19:45 (#2214580 - in reply to #2213370)
Subject: RE: New Ford F-450

WY, OK

twraska - 2/8/2012 07:04 I already traded the 6.uh-oh on a Duramax. So far so good on the engine and drive train, but the rest of the truck is slowly falling apart, doing its best Dodge impression. Now I wish I'd put the Cummins repower in the old one. The '08 450 is where my son and I can't agree. I see a money pit down the road, and we don't have a body lift to work on it ourselves. He's looking at the fact that anything new has the small tires and axles, just another 350 re-badge. Wish I could find a reasonably priced single axle 26K gvw 4 door truck for pulling and then we'd both run smaller trucks. Its getting real expensive to have your pulling/hauling truck for a daily driver.

There are two 450's, the cab and chassis has the 19.5" tires and still has the V10 as an option, the re-badged F350 has the smaller tires, a box and has the 6.7L as the only engine.  You also can't get a 4.88 or 4.10 in the rebadge they are all 4.30's.  I think the old 5spd torque shift is also still the tranny for the V10 in a CC.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)