AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nurse System Flowmeter, ATTN Ron 10 / 48
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 2/4/2012 08:24 (#2204784 - in reply to #2204737)
Subject: RE: Nurse System Flowmeter, ATTN Ron 10 / 48

Chebanse, IL.....

Bobby

You have great insight & thanks for thinking of me & going to the work of researching & providing VALID links. I appreciate that effort.

However.......I am a Flowmax veteran....and a wounded one at that. I've junked a couple of Raven Flowmaxes a couple of years ago. I can assure you that even they will not stand up to the outdoor elements. I sent one in for obvious water damage & the repaired one didn't last either....outside. Ravens needs to invent an easily accessible & readable waterPROOF container. Most camera companies can provide them for cameras to withstand pressures of 20'+ in water, so I'd think Ravens could do it with a MSL rainfall. As Phil Jensen pointed out, the key is the wording, "weather RESISTANT". Mine wasn't resistant enough. Rain got to it. If I have to assemble an enclosure, I suppose a 110 would be a better fit than a 440, however the 110 will only read one function at a time. Newer versions of the 440 (450-460 etc) will often read multiple functions, e.g. total gallons as well as gpm....etc.

Anyway, perhaps others here have thoughts using your suggested Ravens 110.

Thanks again Bobby.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)