AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody have there State Farm Business do there record keeping and enterprise anylasis?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

runningbehind
Posted 1/31/2012 08:31 (#2196630 - in reply to #2195484)
Subject: Re: Anybody have there State Farm Business do there record keeping and enterprise anylasis?

NC ND
North Dakota has a Farm Mgt program also that I have worked with for 5 years now. Also have had an analysis done to help an NDSU farm business class. If you are really good with books it might not be as helpful to you. I like it for chance to have someone double check my work, and the being able to compare to the neighbors and not just hear the coffee shop talk. Also having to justify some enterprise decisions to someone who is only looking at the black and white numbers helps to evaluate the worth of it. Our operation looks at doing stuff more than a little different than the neighbors, however when I found when I stack the numbers up against the rest in the mgt group my net numbers are right up in the upper range.

You might also learn other things that you wouldn't normally think of or have access to seeing. I learned my govt payments are only half of some of the others in the group and insurance/pp numbers are quite different also. Therefore when some of the older guys are sitting around lecturing me how much more profitable it would be to collect PP and leave the tractor parked I don't have to second guess my decision that I need to put a crop in to pay the bills.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)