AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Job hunters in Williston
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 1/30/2012 10:28 (#2194812 - in reply to #2194568)
Subject: Re: Job hunters in Williston

West Texas

I went back and re read your post and yes I didn't read it correctly the first time. I keyed in on your words of riff-raff and less than desirable. Then you stated that they wouldn't be able to cope with the weather. As I stated earlier, I worked in those type of conditions for a few years and I found that even though people have different cultures. for the most part, when you get to know them, you find that they have the same wants and desires that anybody else does. Just because a person would rather drink a beer than sip a glass of over priced wine doesn't mean they are the scum of the earth. Coping with the weather extremes in any area generally leads to the deaths of some of the local population in addition to those dreaded outsiders. In your part of the country, those conditions are usually related to the cold, here in the south, those conditions are generally related to the extreme heat. Finally, I apologize for insinuating that you are holed up in your shop all winter, I know better and was just popping off. We all do that which is necessary regardless of the weather, be it cold, hot, raining, snowing, or dust blowing.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)