AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

uneasy about trip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cen Tex Farmer
Posted 1/28/2012 07:55 (#2190748 - in reply to #2190260)
Subject: Re: uneasy about trip

Mound Texas
Think on this! Statistically we are in far more danger on a per mile trip in our cars and pickups than
we are in a commercial plane. I used to be somewhat fearful of flying until I realized by watching
local news that someone dies almost daily within 50 miles of my farm in an automobile, yet we are not
afraid to drive. It is so common many accidents are hardly mentioned in the news anymore, but a plane
crash seems massive and we all hear about every accident that happens. Beyond that, at some point we
all realize that we will not live forever so while it may be wise and it may comfort us to plan for an
eternal existence, worrying about death can only rob us of much of the joy of living. Having touched
on all that, my solution is simply to go with the odds and assume I will arive safely. If I happen to sit
on one of the few that crashes, I simply have to assume my work on earth is done and it is my time
to go. Speaking only for myself, when I got over the fear of death it opened the door for me to
really live. One last note: if I had to drug myself to do it, I would just stay home and watch the
sunset from the backporch. May be more relaxing than a travelling vacation anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)