AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twine feeding issue on a round baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JeffNY
Posted 5/30/2006 23:55 (#16034)
Subject: Twine feeding issue on a round baler

I have a CaseIH RBX451 silage special with auto-tie. The problem I am having is better, however not 100%. When it extends to feed the twine to the bale, sometimes one side feeds, the other will not. So I have to get off, and tie the twine to the bale and manually run it. This problem I managed to help by removing the arms, working them, spraying penetrating oil into them, and loosen the springs some. What seems to be happening, is it won't feed smoothly. At the end of the day, the last 4-5 bales went fine without any problems. Does hay need to be feeding into the pickup? My impression would be, you don't have to have hay, considering if you had a bale, wasn't quite full and you wanted it out. So you run the sequence. I know the arms extend to just about the bale, and that twine should hit the bale then get pulled in, wrapped around.

I am using 20,000 bridon twine. They had 9000 in there, perhaps they had it because of this (heavy twine grabbed more?). I would think it would cause more friction in the buttons on the end of the arms. The smaller twine should feed better. Either way, I did get better results by doing as I mentioned above, however at times it won't feed. Just a minor, but somewhat frustrating problem. I did run the twine through the twine tensioners, they weren't through them when I switched out twine. Should I bypass those? It seems to be a tension problem, where the twine wont feed smoothly because it gets held a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)