AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving to Canada?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Westag 88
Posted 1/22/2012 23:30 (#2179817 - in reply to #2178658)
Subject: Re: Moving to Canada?

Hey Thud, PEI is NOT a friendly place to move to, you are either born and raised as an "islander" or you're not and if you fall into the latter category it is pretty tough to live on the island. Even worse if you're not from the Eastern end of Canada. sawinc it all depended on what you are looking to do when you get to Canada. Markets, weather etc. all play a big factor or would a person be looking to retire? I'd like to live North of London somewhere between Listowel and Guelph if I was looking to continue farming, Northern Ontario around Huntsville as a retiree but you have to like snow. Like others have stated, we never lock the house at night, keys stay in the equipment and the barn isn't even locked up. Everyone honks and waves as they go by my place. I'm pretty sure I would not recommend where I live now to re-locate to as the big city mentality is creeping out into our rural landscape and starting to mess things up. I have 2 houses going up south of me that look more like hotels than houses and with that comes the noise and smell complaints as I am one of the few in our area that has livestock. BMW's don't like mud and dust apparently.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)