AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Photos from the last few months.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Emu
Posted 1/22/2012 07:39 (#2177750 - in reply to #2177713)
Subject: RE: "Soon to be somewhere else" ???.

Tamworth NSW Australia

Gday Ham

Can't put anything past you, I wondered if anybody would pick that up. Short story is farm has been sold and I need to find a new farm by the end of the year (or a real job and different life).

Longer story,
Family moved into the area in the late 1930s and bought this farm in the 50s. I finished college early 90s and worked my way from slave labour, hired hand, share farmer and then the last few years leased the farm from my parents as they semi-retired. Anyway 2 years ago we received an offer to buy the place. Initially declined as we are very attached to the place and reckon its a decent patch of dirt, after 12 months of sleepless nights and family discussion we decided to take the offer, sell up and move on. I leased the place from the new owners and that runs out end of this year, but I will be able to extend that if needed. I don't like the idea of a real 9 to 5 job, and i'm not sure how many cows I can run on a suburban block or if the magnum would fit in the garage, so at the moment I am looking for a new farm. There are a couple of places I'm looking at at the moment so hopefully one will be up to scratch.
Funny how life can take a sudden turn when you think things are going smoothly. If I am "between" farms for a while it might be a good opportunity to do some travelling, looks like some nice country in the US and Canada to visit, just need to park the cows somewhere for a few months.

I haven't posted anything about selling before now, its taken a long time for me to come to terms with it. 

BTW the slave labour comment was a joke, I'm very grateful to my parents for giving me a start and teaching me all they did.   

Edited by Emu 1/22/2012 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)