AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PF Advantage Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/31/2006 07:53 (#16082 - in reply to #15926)
Subject: RE: PF Advantage Question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As Guest as indicated the PFC files are coverage files on the PF3000 and Advantage. You might say they are a screen snapshot of the field. Also as Guest indicated this file does not contain data in the sense of rates, varieties etc. Since it is only a screen shot all PFC files are the same size regardless of field size

As Guest as indicated the PFC files are only used on the console itself are not used by a computer mapping program. Therefore they can (and need to be) deleted after the operation is completed.

Simple example: Suppose you start to spray a field with RUP and break down. You would want the current PFC file to reflect what was done so that you could easily pick back up where you left off after you repair the breakdown.

Once the field was completed the PFC file would show that. Let's suppose later you come back and spray a second pass of RUP. At that point in time you would want the old PFC file to disappear as it will appear that the field is completed (actually it was). Use the file delete to delete the PFC file for that field. Each field has only one PFC file associated with it.

Concerning the Boundary files. The are a different file completely -BDY.

The Boundary files on the Advantage in my opinion were not that useful. As Ron indicated below they are not necessary to accomplish what you wish.

When you planted you created a log file (YLD) for each day of planting. These files can be processed on the computer using SMS or other software. You would analyze these maps and print them out. These are your planting reference maps. I would do this rather soon rather than wait.

Now that you are going to spray those fields, new YLD files will be created for the spraying operation. The names will be based on the date so they will not delete or contamiante your planting files. When these files are processed they will be a separate branch on the management tree and should show the results of the spray operation. After spraying you could print those maps out also.

I print out the results of each opeation and keep them in sheet protectors in a 3 ring notebook. Thus I have all the planting maps, manure maps, spray maps, etc. together in one place. At harvest time, this notebook was carried in the combine for quick reference to varieties or other practices that had been involved with certain fields.

This situation has changed somewhat with the Insight. Since the Insight has the ability to show the results of previous opeations as reference maps in the background the notebook is not quite so necessary. Yet it is still handy for reference when the Insight is not available.

Edited by tedbear 5/31/2006 08:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)