AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health Insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Geargrinder
Posted 1/14/2012 12:27 (#2161406 - in reply to #2161342)
Subject: Re: Health Insurance

MN
Does your wife's employer pay towards the family health insurance? You have to remember that part too when you are figuring in the cost of health insurance. For your son, have you checked into any state programs? Depending on the state, there are special programs for special needs children. Also look around for various health insurance companies - some have raises for age every year and some every five years. I really wanted to say home too, but the economics indicated working was the steady paycheck coming in when farm income was up and down - first year we farmed we had no crop. Daycare will end (and in retrospect will seem cheap in comparison to teenagers). Any chance she can have flex hours, compacted work week, job share? My kids are now teenagers and turning out okay - in daycare the whole time. There were days I came out with enough money after daycare to pay for gas in the car to get to work and that was it. Can you watch the kids for part days before they go to daycare to save any money? We did that many times when kids were sick - I went to work at 4 am and got off early while he watched the kids - but I worked flex hours. The livestock just had to wait to eat those days - and they did okay too. Good jobs are difficult to find in our area too. Mrs. Geargrinder
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)