AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm cameras
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/5/2012 23:23 (#2145668 - in reply to #2144473)
Subject: RE: Farm cameras

West Union, Illinois

[I've used cheap (I think this was called a toy camera.  I gave $16 for it and carried it in my pocket driving a gas truck)

not so cheap (pretty sure this was a Kodak)

what I thought was a bit pricey ( a Fuji my wife bought me when the Kodak quit)

and 3-4 cell phones (Motorola dumb phone and a $3 flashlight)

I've decided the most important thing is just to use it.  You can remind yourself where which wire went

or show the landlord what broke

Keep one thing in mind.  Taking digital photos is free.  Take LOTS of them.  You can sort our what you don't want and delete them later.  But if you don't take them you won't have them.

One of my criteria when chosing my last cell phone was the camera.  This one is a 3.0 megapixel camera, which is better image quality than my first 2-3 digital cameras.  I use my phone more than my camera just because it is always with me.

I just plug the cable from the camera to the USB port on my computer and copy everything to a photo folder on my hard drive. I have a main storage folder every photo is copied to, then by subject, like farm then machinery then what it is .  For instance the last one was stored as Farm/Machinery/Irrigators/2009 09 repair/100_1970 (the last was the number assigned by the camera).  it takes a little work, but I can find photos fairly quickly if I organize them well.

Posting them is so easy you do it without thinking ... once you figure it out and are comfortable with it.  Until then it is the most awkward, confusing, time consuming thing you will ever do.

(100_2147 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_2147 (Small).JPG (46KB - 37 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)