AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

loading grain trucks questions - ethics question involved
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 1/5/2012 00:06 (#2143922 - in reply to #2142608)
Subject: RE: loading grain trucks questions - ethics question involved

Rivers, MB
thanks guys,

lots to think about. Few thoughts

Would never consider letting the trucker load himself unless I know the trucker well. too many ways to get robbed or mistakes or damage to occur if one of us isn't around for loading

Never thought about the safety issue. Our yard is very well lit and there was no shovelling involved. Probably will think twice, the next time we have to shovel out a bin in the dark.

I don't think i've ever said no to a trucker to load or unload him when he requested. I've tried to be accomodating. As one reply said, its about the attitude. I have, almost, sent a trucker back where he came from after he cleaned out his truck right in the middle of the yard without asking. Or the 2 trucks on consecutive days that cleaned out on the road right in front of our yard, after their dispatcher was told that it was not appreciated.

I like that the elevators are scheduling loads for days of the week. I don't like the 10 minute time slot idea. It kills the efficiency and allows no fudge room for when something goes awry.

I realize that what the driver does regarding his log book is his responsibility, especially when we didn't directly hire him or schedule him. However, there are enough examples in life where people are held liable for doing things that enabled someone to hurt someone/break the law. got me thinking at least.

Thanks for all your replies.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)