AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sump Pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 12/31/2011 19:16 (#2135298 - in reply to #2134786)
Subject: RE: Sump Pump

central - east central Minnesota -

dg25 - 12/31/2011 13:36 In my sump I have two drain tiles coming in at about half way up the pit. I have never seen water come out of these. The water just rises from the bottom of the pit. If I went and emptied it right now it would fill up about to the tile lines and it would level out there for a while. Is this normal? My thought is I should only have a couple inches in the bottom and then get water from the tile. Is my water table that high or is something possibly broke or plugged?

That's odd . . .  all the sump pump baskets, here in Mn are a closed - sealed baskets with sealed lids/tops.
Only water that could get into a baskets has to come from the drain tile (the seams around the tile, going into the basket, are to be sealed also). So water has to come from the tile . ..  . .
Doesn't help you, as it sounds - but you basket must have holes in the bottom ? weird. 
Drain tile around the perimitar of the house, should be the out let for subsurface water - even the water table should take path of least resistance mitagating to the drainage pipe . ..  . .
If the basket files to the tile, then water must be running back into the tile - then around the house perimiter? 
Keep the sump pump(s) running and I would not let it run back into the tile. .. . . .  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)