AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My "Publicity" Work re: Farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 12/24/2011 01:47 (#2121797)
Subject: My "Publicity" Work re: Farming

Blooming where I am planted!

Just wanted you all to know that I'm doing a lot of publicity with my friends and relatives in regards to farming.  I want my friends and relatives to know what it takes to get affordable, good food onto their tables.   I want to present farming in a very positive light.  To that end, I've been sending out long, LONG emails and photos about my experiences thus far a couple times a week to a group of about 25 of my loved ones.  It has made for some thought-provoking dialog that would not be feasible had I put this material in a blog.  I've also been getting to know these folks better. 

When I get a little further down the line, I'd love to see what it takes to get this material out to a wider audience--maybe an article, a book, etc.  I think it's important to get this word out.  I also would like to encourage other women to take the step that I have to make farming their life.  Personally, I think corporate servitude ("Tote that briefcase!  Row that computer!", one Yahoo poster said in response to the best careers for women) is robbing some women of the time to develop relationships with potential husbands, to have children, etc.  One of my objectives would be to help them with the "how" of getting free of that and moving on to a different life.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)