AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much to pay the babysitter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 12/19/2011 17:13 (#2112492 - in reply to #2112444)
Subject: Re: How much to pay the babysitter

Isn't it funny how back in the "olden" days people would trust 11 year old kids with their kids. But back then we thought nothing of it, we were responsible and knew what to do if there was trouble. Although the one time I did put regular dish soap in their dishwasher (we didn't have a dishwasher at my house and they were pretty new appliances) and anyway I had soap all over the place and running into the basement. Did I panic, well, maybe, but I just cleaned it up and I did tell them about it. I don't think I wrecked it. Another time I had the kids outside and I went to run into the house for something and my shoulder hit the storm window on the door and broke it. Well, I didn't want them to come home to a broken window, so I called my dad and he had it fixed before they came home.

I wonder sometimes if parents these days just do too much for their kids and don't let them grow up and be responsible. I know times have changed and there are maybe more bad people out there. You sound like you just loved kids, good thing as the people that you babysat for didn't treat you very good. I always got paid for babysitting, but there were plenty of times where I just went there on my own and took the kids because I enjoyed it so much. I even put a baby seat on my bicycle so I could take the little girl with me biking.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)